Prepare the business leaders of tomorrow with this contemporary approach to business strategy.
International AS and A-level Business, our contemporary look at the world of business will engage your students with the critical elements of business strategy, analysis and decision-making and an up-to-date look at digital technology, business ethics and globalisation.
- Themed papers help make revision easier, while the variety of question types will help students develop their ability to analyse data, think critically and make informed decisions – all of which are skills valued by universities and employers.
- Wherever possible we use real-life case studies to make it easier for students to relate and apply the knowledge and skills they’ve developed during the course.
- Exams feature case studies from internationally familiar brands such as Lexus and McDonalds, ensuring no student is disadvantaged.
International AS and A-level Business (9625)
View the switching guide to see the differences between your old International AS/A-level Business specification and the OxfordAQA specification (version updated November 2022).
OxfordAQA International AS/A-level Business covers the following topics:
AS and A-level:
- What is business?
- Operational performance
- Human resources
- Mission, objectives and strategy
- Analysing the existing internal position of a business
- Analysing the industry environment
- Analysing the external environment: political, legal, economic, social, technological, environmental
- Analysing strategic options: investment appraisal
- Choosing strategic direction
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
- Managing strategic change
OxfordAQA provides all the resources and advice you need to teach the International AS and A-level Business specification effectively.
- Download the specification
- Read our switching guide
- View our training courses to help you deliver OxfordAQA International AS and A-level Business
- Approved textbooks and resources published by Oxford University Press
We have too many International AS and A-level Business resources to list here, so please visit our resource area for teachers to see them all, including:
- Schemes of work to allow you to plan how to deliver the specification in a way that will best suit you and your students
- Teaching guidance to outline clearly the scope of teaching and learning
- Topic tests and mock exam analysers to allow you to track your students’ progress throughout the teaching year
- AS Unit 1: Business and markets. 1 hour 30 minutes. 80 marks.
- AS Unit 2: Managing operations, human resources and finance.
1 hour 30 minutes. 80 marks.
- A2 Unit 3: Business strategy. 1 hour 45 minutes. 80 marks.
- A2 Unit 4: Business decision-making. 1 hour 45 minutes. 80 marks
- Students can re-sit units. The best result for each unit will count towards the qualification grade.
These qualifications are modular. The full International A-level is intended to be taken over two years. The specification content for the International AS is half that of an International A-level.
- AS students take AS units only.
- A-level students take AS and A2 units.
- AS grades A – E. A-level grades A* – E.
- Students can sit units in January or May/June.