Extend beyond the limitations of a subject-focused curriculum and develop crucial transferable skills.
Student-led projects from OxfordAQA enable your school to integrate project-based learning into your curriculum without distracting from regular subjects or putting pressure on the school’s timetable.
- Our International GCSE Plus endorsement introduces students to the process of project work. Students utilise essential planning, research and report writing skills, and can actively demonstrate creativity, risk-taking and reflection. This provides the perfect foundation for A-level specialism or the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) Extended Essay.
- Our International Independent Project Qualification (IPQ) allows students to supplement their desired A-levels with a piece of academic work on a subject of their choice.
- Learners can discuss their projects in university interviews to help their application stand out from the crowd. We also have evidence to suggest that taking the IPQ increases students’ chances of achieving higher grades in their A-levels.
In both the International GCSE Plus and International IPQ (with the support of a supervisor and in the context of a ‘taught skills’ programme of study) students must:
- Choose an area of personal interest
- Draft a title and aims for their project
- Plan, research and carry out the project
- Deliver a presentation on the process and findings, or reflect on what worked and could be improved