An engaging introduction to studying the global economy and the perfect preparation for A-level
With a focus on the real-world applications of economics, this International GCSE Economics course will stimulate and inspire your students.
- Up to date and relevant, students reflect on the ethical and sustainability implications of economic activity.
- A variety of assessment styles are offered, including multiple choice and essay-style questions, helping your students to develop a range of skills and prepare for further study.
- Closely aligned to the UK curriculum but with UK-centric terminology and examples removed to ensure unfamiliar language and contexts don’t create an artificial barrier to your students’ learning.
International GCSE Economics (9214)
View the switching guide to see the differences between your old International GCSE Economics specification and the OxfordAQA specification (version updated September 2023).
OxfordAQA International GCSE Economics covers the following topics:
How markets work
How prices are determined
Production, costs, revenue and profit
Competitive and concentrated markets
How the economy works
How the government manages the economy
International trade and the global economy
The role of money and financial markets
OxfordAQA provides the resources and advice you need to get started with the International GCSE Economics specification effectively.
- Download the specification
- Read our switching guide
- View our training courses to help you deliver OxfordAQA International GCSE Economics
- Approved textbooks and resources published by Oxford University Press (coming soon)
OxfordAQA International GCSE Economics is a new specification. Our team of experts are working to create resources to support your teaching and learning. To keep up to date, please bookmark our resources area for teachers where we will add content when it is ready, including:
- Schemes of work to allow you to plan how to deliver the specification in a way that will best suit you and your students
- Teaching guidance to outline clearly the scope of teaching and learning
- Topic tests and mock exam analysers to allow you to track your students’ progress
International GCSE Economics has 2 papers, each representing 50% of the overall mark.
Paper 1: How markets work
80 marks, 1h45 mins
Paper 2: How the economy works
80 marks, 1h45 mins
For more details, please see the specification
- Linear: students sit all exams at the end of the course.
- Students cannot re-sit individual components.
- Students can re-take the whole qualification as many times as they wish.