Bring the study of the human mind to life in your classroom
This International GCSE Psychology course has been designed to develop your students’ knowledge of psychological concepts whilst broadening their independent thinking and research skills.
- The only GCSE Psychology specification tailored especially for international students with globally appropriate content and a strong focus on exam skills.
- Contemporary and relevant examples are given to demonstrate real-world applications of the study of psychology, engaging students and preparing them for further study.
- Benefits from UK education expertise combined with course material that is relevant and appealing to students worldwide.
International GCSE Psychology (9218)
International GCSE Psychology covers the following themes:
Cognition and behaviour
- Research methods
Social context and behaviour
- Social influences
- Mental health
- Research methods
OxfordAQA provides the resources and advice you need to get started with the International GCSE Psychology specification effectively.
- Download the specification
- Take a look at the Specimen Papers and Mark Schemes
- Read our switching guide (coming soon)
- View our training courses to help you deliver OxfordAQA International Psychology qualifications
- Approved textbooks and resources published by Oxford University Press (coming soon)
This is a new specification, so please bookmark our teacher resources area to keep up to date with teaching and learning support as it becomes available, including:
- Schemes of work to allow you to plan how to deliver the specification in a way that will best suit you and your students
- Teaching guidance to outline clearly the scope of teaching and learning
- Topic tests and mock exam analysers to allow you to track your students’ progress
International GCSE Psychology has two exam papers, each worth 50% of the overall International GCSE mark.
- Paper 1: Cognition and behaviour. 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Paper 2: Social context and behaviour. 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Linear: students sit all exams at the end of the course.
- Students cannot re-sit individual components.
- Students can re-take the whole qualification as many times as they wish.
You must be an approved OxfordAQA centre to enter students for our exams. Make sure you become an OxfordAQA centre before you start teaching a course.
Take a look at:
- The OxfordAQA International GCSE Psychology Switching Guide (coming soon)
- Example specimen Papers and Mark Schemes