All the information, support and resources you need for OxfordAQA International GCSE Mathematics.
With a focus on reasoning skills and the real-life application of Maths and Pure Maths concepts, the OxfordAQA International GCSE Mathematics qualification ensures that students have the best possible preparation for A-Level, university and beyond.
- The vocabulary of the exam questions is carefully chosen so that students are rewarded for what they can do, rather than their English ability.
- Content is introduced in a simple and logical order, with careful stepping up of demand and progression to A-Level.
- Enables students to connect their learning to the real world and apply their knowledge to solve problems.
- The specification includes plenty of algebra and some basic calculus.
Written by the same experts who developed AQA’s UK Mathematics GCSE, this qualification is rigorous and quality assured. At the same time, OxfordAQA’s Fair Assessment approach means the qualification is accessible for international students of all abilities, including straightforward language used in the question papers, ensuring that students succeed on the basis of their mathematics ability and not their literacy skills.
International GCSE Mathematics (9260)
View the switching guide to see the differences between your old International GCSE Mathematics specification and the OxfordAQA specification (version updated November 2022).
Paper 1C: Any part of the specification may be assessed.
Paper 2C: Any part of the specification may be assessed.
Paper 1E: Any part of the specification may be assessed.
Paper 2E: Any part of the specification may be assessed.
OxfordAQA International GCSE Mathematics covers the following topics:
- Structure and calculation
- Fractions, decimal and percentages
- Ratio and proportion
- Notation and manipulation
- Functions, graphs and calculus
- Solving equations and inequalities
Geometry and measures
- Properties and constructions
- Mensuration and basic calculus
- Transformations, Matrices and Vectors
Probability and statistics
- Presentation and analysis
OxfordAQA provides all the resources and advice you need to teach the International GCSE Mathematics specification effectively.
- Download the specification
- Read our switching guide
- View our training courses to help you deliver OxfordAQA International GCSE Mathematics
- Approved textbooks and resources published by Oxford University Press
We have too many International GCSE Mathematics resources to list here, so please visit our resource library to see them all, including:
- Schemes of work to allow you to plan how to deliver the specification in a way that will best suit you and your students
- Teaching guidance to outline clearly the scope of teaching and learning
- Topic tests and mock exam analysers to allow you to track your students’ progress throughout the teaching year
Visit our resources section for everything you need to prepare for OxfordAQA International GCSE Mathematics exams, including:
- Past papers, mark schemes and examiners’ reports
- Specimen papers and mark schemes
- Exampro: a searchable bank of exam questions
- Exemplar student answers with examiner commentaries.
You can also access Enhanced Results Analysis (ERA), our free online results analysis tool, to analyse your students’ results.
Find out which units, topics and questions were the most challenging, how the results compare to previous years and where your students need to improve.
ERA helps you focus your teaching. Find out more
- Linear specification; individual components may not be re-sat.
- Candidates can re-take the whole qualification as many times as they wish.