This qualification has a strong emphasis on pure mathematics to equip students for undergraduate study.
The syllabus is informed by consultation with subject specialists from the best UK universities – confirming that a pure maths emphasis at A-level provides the best platform to a maths-related course at undergraduate level.
International AS and A-level Mathematics (9660)
Unit P1: Pure Maths (AS)
Unit PSM1: Pure Maths, Statistics and Mechanics (AS)
Unit P2: Pure Maths (A2)
Unit S2: Statistics OR Unit M2: Mechanics (A2)
- Candidates may re-sit a unit any number of times.
- The best result for each unit will count towards the final qualification.
- Candidates who wish to repeat a qualification may do so by re-sitting one or more units.
View the switching guide to see the differences between your old International AS/A-level Mathematics specification and the OxfordAQA specification (version updated November 2022).
OxfordAQA International AS/A-level Mathematics covers the following topics:
Pure Maths (AS and A-level)
- Coordinate geometry
- Sequences and Series
Pure, Statistics and Mechanics (AS and A-level)
- Exponential and logarithms
- Further Probability
- Discrete Random Variables
- Bernoulli and Binomial Distribution
- Motion in a straight line with constant acceleration
- Motion in a straight line with variable acceleration
- Forces and Newton’s Laws
- Momentum and Impulse
Pure Maths (A-level only)
- Algebra and Functions
- Sequences and Series
- Coordinate Geometry in the (x, y) plane
- Exponentials and Logarithms
- Differential Equations
- Numerical Methods
Statistics (A-level only)
- Poisson Distributions
- Continuous Random Variables
- Exponential Distribution
- Normal Distribution
- Hypothesis Testing
Mechanics (A-level only)
- Mathematical Modelling
- Statics and Forces
- Newton’s Law of Motion
- Work and Energy
- Uniform Circular Motion
OxfordAQA provides all the resources and advice you need to teach the International AS and A-level Geography specification effectively.
- Download the specification
- Read our switching guide
- View our training courses to help you deliver OxfordAQA International AS and A-level Mathematics
- Approved textbooks and resources published by Oxford University Press
We have too many International AS and A-level Mathematics resources to list here, so please visit our resources for teachers area to see them all, including:
- Schemes of work to allow you to plan how to deliver the specification in a way that will best suit you and your students
- Teaching guidance to outline clearly the scope of teaching and learning
- Topic tests and mock exam analysers to allow you to track your students’ progress throughout the teaching year